Happy New Year! 2012 was a good year for me and I hope 2013 is even better.
Of course, as I say this, I am up with insomnia because of too much worry. I think the problems will resolve themselves, I just can’t take immediate action which is what is keeping me up.
I have a few things I am obsessing over:
1) School – should I continue? Do I want to?
2) Time – School feels like it has sucked my life away. I feel like my time is precious, I hate not having a life.
3) Friends – I feel like I am neglecting friends. I was involved in a conversation the other day about choosing to locate based on career or friends/family. I chose friends/family and I think that says a lot about my current dilemma.
4) Work – I am unhappy in my current position, but haven’t looked elsewhere, instead I headed straight to school. Perhaps I should spend more time on my resume and actually job search. I do want to be an accountant, but I am not sure the sacrifice is worth it, especially since it means less money and starting at the bottom again.
5) Hobbies – I have very little time to work on any of the fun things I used to do, including this blog.
6) My Weight – Keeps creeping up and I am way more out of shape than I used to be. Heck, I have walked half-marathons, now I walk 1 mile and I am done. I need more time to get back in shape.
I think all this is leading to a re-evaluation of my priorities. I would like to work through them now, but since I am now married, they affect someone else and I am letting him sleep!